Want to join our team?
Peddicord Wharton is always looking for talented people with the passion to help our clients win. For more information on employment opportunities
at Peddicord Wharton, please contact our Office Manager, Christine Procuniar, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-243-2100.
If you have a scheduled interview for a position, Click Here for an application.
Please complete this application and bring it with you to your interview.
Seeking Associate Attorney
Peddicord Wharton, LLP seeks hard-working, self-motivated individual for entry-level Associate Attorney position in our fast-paced, high-volume law firm located in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Since 1965, Peddicord Wharton has been providing services focused in the areas of workers’ compensation, civil litigation (including insurance defense, product liability, professional liability, commercial litigation), and corporate services.
S/he will have a great opportunity to jump right in and work with a team of lawyers who are innovative, collaborative, and efficient, with decades of experience in providing exceptional legal counsel and trial and appellate litigation services.
This position is for an attorney who can exercise independent judgment and discretion to perform substantive legal functions in client matters. S/he may be assigned to work independently or under the supervision of other attorney(s) employed by the firm. S/he will also participate in the firm’s marketing efforts and client development.
The individual must be licensed in Iowa to practice law and will be required to complete all Continuing Legal Education requirements on an annual basis (class fees covered by the firm).
Specific Skills and Tasks to be Performed (not inclusive):
- Utilizes analytical skills necessary to conduct complex and detailed analysis of legal matters
- Performs necessary legal research using all available resources
- Drafts necessary documents to provide legal representation for clients and works with senior attorneys to produce final documents
- Formulates and issues well-founded legal opinions
- Effectively conducts negotiations, when appropriate, to resolve matters on behalf of clients
- Maintains positive contact with clients and observes confidentiality at all times
- Advises and communicates regularly with clients regarding the status of their matter
- Must have the ability to travel to private and public buildings locally and statewide via private or public transportation to attend to client needs on legal matters
- Work requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position
The firm provides an excellent benefits package which includes:
- health/dental/vision insurance
- life insurance
- short-term disability
- paid holidays and vacation
- generous 401(k) retirement plan
Interested individuals can email their resume with cover letter and transcript to:
Peddicord Wharton, LLP